Ok so I haven't been on here in two months and decided to share my wonderful, exciting news. I am ENGAGED! Thought it would never happen. But before I tell how it happened I guess I should tell you how my fiance and I met. His name is Cameron and we met last March of 2007. He had just gotten off his mission from Paris and he had come to sports night at our church with his best friend Brian, who is now married to my best friend Caitlin. Ironic right? lol. So when I met him I wasn't sure how I felt about him and not sure how he felt about me. To me he seemed very macho. I didn't really get to know him all that well but a bunch of us hung out for awhile, and I was already into someone else. Apparently he liked me a lot, but no one ever told me anything until a very long time after. During the summer I was going on dates with the guy that I was into, but we never really had a relationship. I finally gave up on him cuz it didn't seem like it was going to go anywhere else so a week or so after my sister got married I told him that we should just be really good friends, and that's what we've been since then. Once school started I hardly ever saw Cameron. I saw him maybe once a week, if that. I realized I kinda liked him, but the only thing I knew about him was that he owned a 1976 corvette, which he is now selling. So life for me kinda went on after that, and in february I started dating a convert, that went on for about three months and we had talked about marriage, but after awhile I didn't have assuring feelings about him and he kinda felt the same way, so we both broke it off. After that I thought I was never going to find someone again. So my summer went by and I didn't really date anyone, i cant even remember if I went on any dates, sad I know. August came along and my best friend was getting ready to marry my fiance's best friend. The night of the wedding I was in line to congradulate my friend and his friend and then I saw him. I immediately got nervous. I said hi to him and asked him how he was but then I got even more nervous and didn't know what else to say so I kinda went off in a different direction. I noticed all through the night that he kept staring at me, of course I was staring at him too. A little while later he came up to me and asked me how old my brother was, i told him and then asked why. He then told me that his sister was like in love with my brother and wanted to meet him. So Cameron brought me over to her so she could talk to me, so that kinda broke the ice. After a while he came up to me again and asked me if I would go to walmart with him to get stuff to decorate the bride and groom's car cuz nobody ever planned to. So that was very smooth of him. While we were at the store he said, "If there is still dancing when we get back, will you dance with me?" Of course I said yes. So when we got back we decorated their car and then went inside. The reception had ended and everyone was taking down decorations, so I thought, "well so much for that." But then when I was taking down lights Cameron came up to me and said, "Well instead of dancing, how about dinner?" I said yes. So we exchanged numbers. On the sunday after, he called me and asked if my brother and I wanted to come over to their house to play games and watch a movie. So my brother and I went and we had a lot of fun. When we were leaving Cameron asked me if I wanted to go have breakfast with him the next morning before he had to go to work. So we went and ate breakfast at Little Anitas on Alameda in Corrales. It was fun cuz we got to know each other a little better. He is a huge sports person. That's basically %80 percent of the things he talks about. So that night we talked online for awhile and then on the phone for about four hours. That was the night he asked me to be his girlfriend, August 18th. I wont tell everything that we've done together, but I can just say that we have had an amazing relationship so far! There is no one else I would rather be with than Cameron. He is my life now, and I love him so much. His family is awesome and both our families get along very well, it's amazing how much we have in common. But now to the most exciting part. My engagement was the most exciting thing that I have waited for, for three weeks. Every time he would try to plan the engagement something would come up. But then this last thursday he called me and told me to keep the rest of my night open. I went to my friend Kaydrielle's bridal shower that night but didn't stay long because I wanted to be with the love of my life. So when I got to his house he said we had reservations, and so we left right away. He took me to Old Town, down in Albuquerque. When we got there we walked around, and I kept thinking we were going to be late, then he through me off guard. He said, "Let's walk this way." There was a Gazebo in the middle of the courtyard, which I had been to before where he tried to make me dance with him but I was too embarrassed. So we walked towards the Gazebo and I said, "You aren't gonna make me dance are you?" He said no, soo I was relieved. He then took me by the rail and pulled out a watch. He asked me if I knew why he was giving me a watch. I said, "Uhh, no not really." He then said, "So you can remember this moment forever in time." He had me stop the watch, and then he pulled out the ring, got down on one knee, and asked me to marry him at 8:15 on Thursday October 23rd, 2008. By that time I had tears in my eyes, I was so over joyed. It was the one thing I looked forward to the most and I couldn't have thought of anything else better than how he did it, it was very unique. He ended up tricking me with the reservations cuz he was trying to throw me off guard. He never fed me that night, but it was ok because I was too excited to even let him know that I was starving. After he proposed we walked around Old Town for awhile. Then when we came around one of the buildings and Cameron told me that he just saw his two sisters and one of his sister's friends run off. I was like, "What's going on?" He said he had no idea. We were about to leave but we saw them hiding and decided to go say hi and show them the ring. The reason they came down to Old Town was because they wanted to see Cameron propose to me. They were all disappointed and they made us re-enact. It was kinda hilarious because his sister kept telling all the people walking by that Cameron and I had just gotten engaged and that I was going to be her sister-in-law. Her, her sister, and her friend were definitely excited, cuz they came up with this corny little dance. After that we went back to his house and showed his mom the ring and then took pictures. Then we went to my house and showed my family and took more pictures, it was sooooo much fun. The next day I was so excited so I texted all my friends and told them of my news. I texted my best friend Caitlin and asked her to be my maid of honor, and then I called my other best friend Jenny to ask her if she would be my bridesmaid. This weekend has been so amazing and I've decided to tell all my relatives my news at thanksgiving, but it's so hard to keep it in. I will make it though and it's better that way because then I can tell everyone at once. So that's my exciting news, and I still have a smile on my face! Yesterday we started making a list for the things we need to do for the wedding and as I was writing, I got the most amazing feeling and I was instantaneously giddy. Tomorrow I get to go to I DO, I DO and get my final measurements taken for my dress. So I will keep you all posted on how the planning goes and what else is going on in my life! Till then, God bless.... I know he has blessed me!
Monday, October 27, 2008
IM ENGAGED!!!!! To the most wonderful guy on earth!!!!
Ok so I haven't been on here in two months and decided to share my wonderful, exciting news. I am ENGAGED! Thought it would never happen. But before I tell how it happened I guess I should tell you how my fiance and I met. His name is Cameron and we met last March of 2007. He had just gotten off his mission from Paris and he had come to sports night at our church with his best friend Brian, who is now married to my best friend Caitlin. Ironic right? lol. So when I met him I wasn't sure how I felt about him and not sure how he felt about me. To me he seemed very macho. I didn't really get to know him all that well but a bunch of us hung out for awhile, and I was already into someone else. Apparently he liked me a lot, but no one ever told me anything until a very long time after. During the summer I was going on dates with the guy that I was into, but we never really had a relationship. I finally gave up on him cuz it didn't seem like it was going to go anywhere else so a week or so after my sister got married I told him that we should just be really good friends, and that's what we've been since then. Once school started I hardly ever saw Cameron. I saw him maybe once a week, if that. I realized I kinda liked him, but the only thing I knew about him was that he owned a 1976 corvette, which he is now selling. So life for me kinda went on after that, and in february I started dating a convert, that went on for about three months and we had talked about marriage, but after awhile I didn't have assuring feelings about him and he kinda felt the same way, so we both broke it off. After that I thought I was never going to find someone again. So my summer went by and I didn't really date anyone, i cant even remember if I went on any dates, sad I know. August came along and my best friend was getting ready to marry my fiance's best friend. The night of the wedding I was in line to congradulate my friend and his friend and then I saw him. I immediately got nervous. I said hi to him and asked him how he was but then I got even more nervous and didn't know what else to say so I kinda went off in a different direction. I noticed all through the night that he kept staring at me, of course I was staring at him too. A little while later he came up to me and asked me how old my brother was, i told him and then asked why. He then told me that his sister was like in love with my brother and wanted to meet him. So Cameron brought me over to her so she could talk to me, so that kinda broke the ice. After a while he came up to me again and asked me if I would go to walmart with him to get stuff to decorate the bride and groom's car cuz nobody ever planned to. So that was very smooth of him. While we were at the store he said, "If there is still dancing when we get back, will you dance with me?" Of course I said yes. So when we got back we decorated their car and then went inside. The reception had ended and everyone was taking down decorations, so I thought, "well so much for that." But then when I was taking down lights Cameron came up to me and said, "Well instead of dancing, how about dinner?" I said yes. So we exchanged numbers. On the sunday after, he called me and asked if my brother and I wanted to come over to their house to play games and watch a movie. So my brother and I went and we had a lot of fun. When we were leaving Cameron asked me if I wanted to go have breakfast with him the next morning before he had to go to work. So we went and ate breakfast at Little Anitas on Alameda in Corrales. It was fun cuz we got to know each other a little better. He is a huge sports person. That's basically %80 percent of the things he talks about. So that night we talked online for awhile and then on the phone for about four hours. That was the night he asked me to be his girlfriend, August 18th. I wont tell everything that we've done together, but I can just say that we have had an amazing relationship so far! There is no one else I would rather be with than Cameron. He is my life now, and I love him so much. His family is awesome and both our families get along very well, it's amazing how much we have in common. But now to the most exciting part. My engagement was the most exciting thing that I have waited for, for three weeks. Every time he would try to plan the engagement something would come up. But then this last thursday he called me and told me to keep the rest of my night open. I went to my friend Kaydrielle's bridal shower that night but didn't stay long because I wanted to be with the love of my life. So when I got to his house he said we had reservations, and so we left right away. He took me to Old Town, down in Albuquerque. When we got there we walked around, and I kept thinking we were going to be late, then he through me off guard. He said, "Let's walk this way." There was a Gazebo in the middle of the courtyard, which I had been to before where he tried to make me dance with him but I was too embarrassed. So we walked towards the Gazebo and I said, "You aren't gonna make me dance are you?" He said no, soo I was relieved. He then took me by the rail and pulled out a watch. He asked me if I knew why he was giving me a watch. I said, "Uhh, no not really." He then said, "So you can remember this moment forever in time." He had me stop the watch, and then he pulled out the ring, got down on one knee, and asked me to marry him at 8:15 on Thursday October 23rd, 2008. By that time I had tears in my eyes, I was so over joyed. It was the one thing I looked forward to the most and I couldn't have thought of anything else better than how he did it, it was very unique. He ended up tricking me with the reservations cuz he was trying to throw me off guard. He never fed me that night, but it was ok because I was too excited to even let him know that I was starving. After he proposed we walked around Old Town for awhile. Then when we came around one of the buildings and Cameron told me that he just saw his two sisters and one of his sister's friends run off. I was like, "What's going on?" He said he had no idea. We were about to leave but we saw them hiding and decided to go say hi and show them the ring. The reason they came down to Old Town was because they wanted to see Cameron propose to me. They were all disappointed and they made us re-enact. It was kinda hilarious because his sister kept telling all the people walking by that Cameron and I had just gotten engaged and that I was going to be her sister-in-law. Her, her sister, and her friend were definitely excited, cuz they came up with this corny little dance. After that we went back to his house and showed his mom the ring and then took pictures. Then we went to my house and showed my family and took more pictures, it was sooooo much fun. The next day I was so excited so I texted all my friends and told them of my news. I texted my best friend Caitlin and asked her to be my maid of honor, and then I called my other best friend Jenny to ask her if she would be my bridesmaid. This weekend has been so amazing and I've decided to tell all my relatives my news at thanksgiving, but it's so hard to keep it in. I will make it though and it's better that way because then I can tell everyone at once. So that's my exciting news, and I still have a smile on my face! Yesterday we started making a list for the things we need to do for the wedding and as I was writing, I got the most amazing feeling and I was instantaneously giddy. Tomorrow I get to go to I DO, I DO and get my final measurements taken for my dress. So I will keep you all posted on how the planning goes and what else is going on in my life! Till then, God bless.... I know he has blessed me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
4 comments:
HOW EXCITING!! This totally brings back memories from when I got engaged. Just remember to not rush the planning. enjoy being engaged. It's such a short time, but it's so sweet!!
I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to meet the guy that makes you so happy. I love you so much and can't wait to watch you take this step in your life. Congratulations! (You need to update your blog more!)
Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you. Your Mom is so happy when ever she talks her happiness just rubs off on me.
congratulations! you make a beautiful couple!
Post a Comment